door locks 1988 760

my drivers door will no longer open with the key, its just stuck. ive tried spraying some lubricant in there but it seems obviously broken. at present i have to open the passenger door, then reach across and pull up the door lock knob on the drivers side.

what do i need to get in order to fix the drivers side door. i want it to be cheep so i dont mind if i end up having different keys. especially since the trunk lock doesnt work either so i rely entirely on the power locks activated by pulling up the drivers door.

thanks for any help,

--jackson

Reply to
jackson.harvell

You will probably find that the linkage has dropped off inside the door behind the mechanism

Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

If you want to be cheap, then I think you can pull the lock tumbler out of the passenger door, then turn the linkage around so it works in the driver's door. Then put the one from the driver's door in the passenger door. Then when (if) it fails in a few years, you will have no way to get in the car...

Reply to
Mike F

Buy a tube of graphite at the hardware store and put a dab on the key. Insert the key in the lock and wiggle the key back and forth several times. The tumblers do fail, but not that often.

Reply to
Scott