Key Fob

My 07 crew cab this morning would not respond to my key fob for about 15 minutes. Thinking it might be the Fob battery, does not look like easy access...don't want to destroy the $$ thing. Anybody had success, will it require reprograming of one or both??

Reply to
Meebers

Do you have info center information on the gauges? My 07 Avalanche can communicate and reset the key fobs from the reset button on the gage settings.

Reply to
bilb2765

Not likely the battery. My 99 still has it's original batteries and works flawlessly.

Reply to
Dave

I changed the battery in my '03 very easy and it did not require reprogramming. There is a slot on the edge near the key ring, just stick a dime in it and twist and it will pop apart. The battery shouldn't go dead that quick. Mine lasted about 5 years average use about once or twice a day.

Reply to
Jason Williams

Reply to
Meebers

I agree, battery should not crap out this fast, so I am now carrying both FOB's and when/if it happens again, should be able to make an educated guess on whether or not it is a FF (Fob Fart). Googled FOB battery replacement and got varied answers for GM vehicles themselves, some people say 5 yrs is normal, others it has to be reprogramed etc. Wifes 2003 works without incident. As far as opening it, my FOB does not have a slot near the key ring, a dime is to thick to fit in the "crack" to open it. I was always amazed at how far away you can be and still have it do lock/unlock or remote start. Ebay list the part number as GM/O: 15913421 4 button remote,

Reply to
Meebers