05 Sentra Key FOB question

Hello. My mom's car, an 05 Sentra, had a problem when she first got it (new) in that the key fob didn't work. I'm not sure what the dealer did to fix it since my brother took the car in for her. But it's been working since then

Anyway, this weekend, the key fob wouldn't work again. My brother replaced the battery in the fob and that did nothing. This morning, I get a call that her car won't start. In fact, no lights on the dash when turning the key, nothing (according to her and that information isn't always reliable).

I found a procedure for reprogramming the fob on this site

but is there any connection between the battery replacement on the fob and the car not starting? She's just using the key to get into the car right now.

Thanks Doug

Reply to
Doug