Letting a truck set.

Hi. What are the the disadvantages of letting a truck set without starting it. My 2005 Silverado hasn't been started in two months. It could sit there for a couple more too.

Thanks.

Reply to
DogDiesel

Dead battery, mouse damage, rusted brakes, rusted pulley surfaces. Internal engine rust from lack of lube.

Reply to
Steve W.

Crap, well, anyways . I just went and started it. Only thing bothers me is the mouse damage. I've caught a couple in my attic too. Maybe I might take it for a ride tomorrow. And take my bike to the shop. And some tools to my rental.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Diesel.

Reply to
DogDiesel

Yeah, mice have been really bad. Caught a few around here. I have tried a bunch of things to keep them away but who knows if they really work or if the mice just found better quarters elsewhere? One friend who stores cars long term has really got a passion against the little monsters. He actually made up mouse walls that he sets around the vehicles. He parks them then jacks the frame up to take the weight off the suspension. Sprays exposed metal with some wax based sealer then a light coat of cheap aluminum paint. Covers the tires, shoots fogging lube in the intake and fills the gas tank with good gas with extra stabil. Then he puts a cover over them and puts up the walls. They are real easy to make. He gets treated 4X4s ans some tin siding from the home store. Cut's the siding so he has 2' strips. Then attaches them to the wood. For the corners he bends the tin so it covers the end of the wood with a lip sticking out that interlocks with the side pieces.

Reply to
Steve W.