lights in OEM radio

I have a few lights out under the channel selection buttons. Are these replaceable?

1995 Suburban Cassette AM/FM CD

OEM

TIA,

Gordon

If its part of the radio, likely not. If its part of the stack assembly, possibly.

Reply to
CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

the lights look to be inside, behind the channel selection buttons, but only lost the top left and bottom left light.

Jim

Reply to
Gordon

Reply to
Whitelightning

Follow up. Tapping on the radio face makes the lights go off and on. loose in socket or something...

Reply to
Gordon

I have a radio cassette from 98 s10 very reasonable if anyone needs it. Was working great, but no cd would fit in cass slot.. Slld

Reply to
SLLD

Hi!

Yes, but it may be a lot of trouble to do it. The bulbs used in this design are of the so-called "grain of sand" type. They're easy to enough to get as long as you have an idea of the operating voltage and size. Most decently sized electronic parts retailers will have them. If you do get some, look for ones rated 15~20 volts instead of 12. They'll last a lot longer, although brightness will be reduced.

If you do decide to do this, you will need to be comfortable taking the front panel off the radio. This may take some doing and care to avoid a disaster. You'll also need a decent soldering iron and soldering skills to affix the new bulbs.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Thanks, William. I feel comfortable doing these type tasks. The only issue is the removal of the plastic dash panels. I've removed a few dash panels in the past and found these to be a real pain on some vehicles. .

Reply to
Gordon