Need opinions on motor

Should I but the Ramjet 350? is it a good motor? or should I supercharge my

305. 96 C1500 Ext Cab POSI rearend with 4.10 gears
Reply to
How can I be down

I'd just buy a nice, high HP rebuilt 350 w/Vortec heads and retain your MPFI. Why pay for MPFI (RamJet) when you already have it? A good 350 that puts out around 350-375 HP shouldn't run you more than $2,000 or so, a helluva lot less than the RamJet. Hell, buy the HT383 for that matter.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Problem with HT383

The HT 383 should only be used in 1973 and earlier pre-emissions street vehicles or any year off road vehicles.

I live in phoenix, I have to pass emissions

Reply to
How can I be down

And you will if you get the correct intake manifold and retain all emissions controls. ANY GMPP motor will carry the disclaimer (for use in pre-73 vehicles) as most come with intakes for 4-BBL carbs.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

What type of intake would you recommend. this is a project I would like to start putting together.

Reply to
How can I be down

Depends on which motor you select. If you select a new crate motor w/Vortec style heads, you can use your existing intake.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"