No power

I have no power what so ever and i have no clue why?? when i took my starter out i accidently crossed over with the frame and sparked alot probably shorting something my guess but does anyone know what?? i looked at the ignition fuses and the start fuses they were all good is there any other places theres fuses besides underneath driver side by the pedals??? 1987 chevy silverado 5.7 4x4 or is there something else that maybe shorted or something???? or maybe a fuse somewhere that i cant see its fried???? no power period my lights wont even turn on and it doesnt crank nothing zero power batterys charged ground is good connections are tight.

Reply to
pimp696970

Left a wire off when you replaced the starter?

Reply to
nonsense

If memory serves me correctly, the battery cable goes direct to the starter, on that same bolt there should be a good sized wire that feed the rest of the truck from the battery connection. Make sure that wire is connected, also they put a fusable link in a lot of those wires (wire coming from the starter) make sure you didn't blow that fusible link (looks like a big bulge in the wire).

Reply to
Doug Adams

check the fuseble links and fuses under the cover on the right hand side of your fire wall in the engine compartment,,as sitting in the drivers seat,if i remember right they ahve fusible links there,,and for future refrence,,always disconnect,,bat neg before working on truck

Reply to
Jeff Guenther