No spark

1984 GMC. My truck just died as I was coming around the corner. I checked for spark, "there was none". Does this sound like an ignition coil or rotor?.....thanx in advance
Reply to
Bob

Could be the ignition coil, the ignition module (assuming it's HEI) or the inductive pickup coil. Ignition module can be tested at any auto parts store for free.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

============= And if it is the module, get a new ignition coil to go with it..............