oil in radiator

i was wondering this morning i started my 99 chevy p/u got part way in road and it dies was running fiine night before when i check my oil it was ok but the radiator had oil in it could you give me a idea why there would be oil in radiator

On Wed, 1 Jul 2015 11:12:10 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Automatic transmission cooler tube in rad leaking is most likely. Also possibly a head gasket leat - between oil gallery and coolant galleries.
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Could also be engine oil, GM has engine oil coolers in the radiator as well as trans coolers.
What color is the oil? red/pink - trans fluid amber/dark brown/black - engine oil
What engine? Model?
--
Steve W.

Could also, on some models, be the "sandwich" oil cooler at the filter mount which transfers heat between the coolant and lubricant.