Pain

Hi Friends , I Have a 94 Chevy 4X4 , I have A/C but my two lower settings on the Blower controls stop working , I change the blower motor , Then the controller itself on the Dash , What is next , Help is need . Please .

Reply to
Sheba

I went through that with my old 91 S-10. The wiring harness that goes to the controller needs to be rewired. The switch gets loose, then the different settings burn out, one at a time. Because the whole system is loose. Very frustrating.

Reply to
brichris

Can you give more detail as to what parts exactly you "Fixed". My fan in my 89 very occasionally didn't work at any speed. Thought it was the motor and since it was cheap and easy to get to I replaced it but it still does it occasionally. I suspect the switch but it hasn't done it in a while and I have not bothered to pull it apart yet. Are you saying it wasn't the switch that went bad but the connector to the switch??

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

If you unscrew the fan switch. The bottom screw is very hard to get back on tight. I had put in around 2or 3 switches. As soon as they were in, a couple speeds on the fan burnt out. There is a lot pf play in the system. To get it to work, I had to hit the dash board to get a connection. The looseness of the switch caused a short in the main wiring harness, that the fan switch plugged into. I managed to get the fan to work now, and then. The truck died, before I could get the problem solved. It had more major concerns. But I know I had the fan switch tightened as much as it could go. I was ready to get the harness rewired by a mechanic. It was a 91 S-10. With a 2.8. Manual. I managed to get 224000 miles out of it.

Reply to
4645

Reply to
Sheba

Hi Friend , My Controler is digital , Do you mean I need to replace the Harness Behind the Controller , Even thouth I All Ready Replaced the controler , And my to lower settings still dont work ?

Reply to
Sheba

Hi Friend , I replaced the blower motor , The controler on the dash , The only thing i can think it may be is when i had the dash apart there was a little black box , that clicked when i change blower motor speeds , Sounded like a relay , I am at a lose , Dont want to keep shalling out money blindly help is needed , Thank you .

Reply to
Sheba