Problems with new truck 1st day

Bought a new Colorado, Sport model. Get home. (Bought at night) notice that the front bumper is off and not matching the lines in the fender. Take truck to local GM dealer. He makes adj. But tells me that its the best he can do. (Still off) by about a inch to a inch and a half.

Dealer tells me that there all like that and he checked out one in his lot. When I asked him to show me, he tells me he don't have time and there out there in front. So I go look at one and its not off at all.

I bought the truck out of town 2+ hours away. The local dealer tells me to take it back to the dealer I bought it from. The guy that did the work on it came out and said he did all he could and that its still off and there is nothing else he can do.

What would happen If GM cant fix it ? What should I do ? Looks like court ? I've never had any problems like this in the past with other brands. Worse thing that ever happen with a car I bought was the seat would not move but they replaced it.

Looks like I'm getting the run-around from this dealer. Does GM Take care of there buyers in cases like this ? When I asked the local dealer for the GM Number he tells me to look it up in my warranty book. "What a Jerk"

TIA

Reply to
Kevin

When you buy a TRUCK new or used you have so many days to change your mind.. Go better bizness bureau. call GM direct.. raise some hell.

Reply to
Fatdaddy

Not in Texas you don't. No cooling off period.

Reply to
Sigwings

It's the same here In California as well. No cooling off period. Took the truck over to a friends body shop. He then pointed out more problems. Along with the bumper being out, now I'm seeing that the plastic headlight assembly has gaps on both sides as well. more the 1 inch on one side then the other.

I'm thinking that Is going to be a lemon. I'm calling GM In the AM...

Reply to
Kevin

Take the truck back to the dealer you bought it from. It sounds like it may have been damaged in freight or such. This means its something your selling dealer should fix, not some shop that didn't make a damn dime on it.

Sounds like you already have buyers remorse, and you don't even have the payment book yet.

GM in the am will tell you to take it back where you bought it.

Reply to
Scott

call the local TV station

they love that kind of shit

Reply to
TranSurgeon
.

Sounds like it was damaged in transit. If so, could get interesting.

Years ago, I watched Fords being unloaded. One LTD(see, I said it was years ago!) slipped off the ramp coming off the truck and tilted. Slammed the right rear on the road and the other side lifted up in the air. The truck driver just continued to back it up sliding it off the rest of the way until it 'righted' itself. Glad I didn't buy that one!

Reply to
HPGrn

Why did you purchase the truck at night anyways instead of waiting until the morning to get a better look at it? That way you probably would have noticed these problems before signing the papers.

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below

Michael McNeil

No buyers remorse. Paid Cash. So your saying to take it back to where I bought It from ? Few hundred miles away. Don't think so. GM has said It will be fixed. If they cant fix it they will buy it back less miles.

Take it back to where I bought it from. Too funny. What If I were on a trip

3000 miles away ? Take it back to where I bought it from ?

Reply to
Kevin

Was called by the dealership to come pick it up. It looked good when I picked it up. but was hours away from home and had to return. This should have never left the factory. Where was QA ?

I had a body shop look at it today. The one the GM dealership sent me to. They are going to get back with me. I asked him before I left if it could be fixed. The guy said I have to talk with the dealership about that. This tells me this is not going to be fun.

Reply to
Kevin

This truck has been in an accident and has been repaired

Reply to
TaskMule

I tend to side with you on this, But how would one find out to be sure ?

TIA

Reply to
Kevin

Took it to a old friend at a ford dealership. (Paint and body mgr) he said it was 3mm off left to right and other ways he came up with 3mm. When he looked at the plastic lights molding he and another place the Chevy dealer sent me to both said that it cant be fixed.

Reply to
Kevin

There is a big difference between being 3000 miles away and needing warranty service because something broke, and the problems your dealing with. You failed to check the truck out before you signed on the bottom line. The dealership saw you coming and played you like a tired bass on a fishing line. You remind me of customers I used to have a part time gig in a photography shop. They come in and pick your brain for an hour or more about three of four different models, then go buy the camera at BestBuy or some on line outfit. Then have the audacity to come back and ask you to show them how to use it. You didn't like your local dealer well enough to buy from, but you think they should eat this. Mechs and bodyshop people don't make as much doing warranty repair as they do on paid repairs. As far as "should have never left the factory" it probably left the factory just fine. It got messed up at the dealership or in transit, but I would guess it got messed up at the dealership. Like some idiot dropped it off a lift.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

What ? I tried to buy from the local dealer. When they called and said they could not locate one. I found another dealer that could and did. Like I said before. If I bought one from another state, and moved they GM Has to take care of it. That's the bottom line.

Reply to
Kevin

One thing I have learned is to NEVER look at vehicles at night. New or used they all look better than they will in daylight.

-- Regards Gordie

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl

Take the buyback option soon...very, very soon!!

Reply to
HPGrn

Is there such a thing In calif ? The dealer called me today and said the chev rep wants to have it fixed. I don't like what's happen here with this truck. I'm thinking that there going to try to fix it and make me take it after they try to fix it.

Do they have to take it back ? TIA...

Reply to
Kevin

You probably would have been ok if you used the banks money instead of paying cash.

Reply to
DJCode

Why Is that ? Could I have called the bank ? And stop it on that end ? Or ? Please advise.

TIA..

Reply to
Kevin