programmable door locks

Hello:

My 2001 Chevy Blazer has this feature that allows me to program the doors locks to LOCK when the car gets above 5 mph and UNLOCK when the Key is Removed.

My 2004 Chevy S10 (ZR5) DOES NOT seem to support this feature. If only seems to allow locking or unlocking based on putting the car in and out of park. I like the feature that my Blazer offers. Does anyone know if the S10 computer software could be updated to support this feature? And if so where and whom should I contact about this? My Chevy dealer eyes seem to glaze over when I ask him and says that he doesn't know if the software can be updated.

Bob Valentino

Reply to
Robert Valentino

It WAS possible on the 2001 S-10s at the least. Programming instructions are listed in the service manual for the '01 S-10. Try the programming sequence from the Blazer on the S-10, it may just work.

Reply to
Mike Levy

Mike:

I would if I could. The programming on this came on an Extra card with my 2001 Blazer, which of course I have misplaced. I will search around and see if I can find someone that has the sequence. Tried a sequence for a Sliveradero but that didn't work.

Thanks

Bob

Reply to
Robert Valentino

IIRC from reading my service info the Silverado and Blazer use similar sequences for that programming.

Yeah, they do, I double checked, compared 2001 Silverado to a 2001 Blazer, both 4WD...

Reply to
Mike Levy

My 2004 S10 (ZR5) DOES support this. I believe there are 4 modes that you can choose from.

1- Nothing 2- Lock all and Unlock driver side only 3- Lock and Unlock All 4- I can' t remember right now... maybe there isn't a fourth.

All the information is in the manual, I stumbled onto it while reading mine. I set mine to Lock all and Unlock the driver's side only to prevent others from opening the doors before I'm stopped... (a pet peeve of mine for sure).

Reply to
JRK