Pulling power

Im thinking about buying a Chevy 1500 or 2500 to pull a camper and/or boat, but am not sure how much engine I need. Anyone know how much these models can pull?

Reply to
Mike

Depends a lot on the gear ratio of the rear end. 3:73 (ok), 4:10 (pull stumps), other ratios for dragging a couple of busses, etc. Smarter people than me will advise you tho.

-- Dave

Reply to
Slap

Reply to
89GMC

Or, stop by your local truck dealer and pick up the truck brochure. GM's brochures contain the tow rating (TT and 5th wheel) for all combinations of GM trucks, engines and transmissions. Besides Trailer Life gets all their data from the manufacturers brochure.

R>> > Im thinking about buying a Chevy 1500 or 2500 to pull a camper and/or

Reply to
Ron Recer