Re: 1990 GMC Jimmy Continuous brake light.

> > The first thing that I would do is bleed the brakes again and make sure > that

> > > the perportioning valve gets centered. That's probably all you'll need > to > > > do, but it's possible that when you gave it the old panic stop the > > > perportioing valve went south on ya. > > > > > > nospam > > > > Now if I remember "centered" is with the little 'thingy' pushed in? And > now > > is this proportioning valve the distribution block that I am thinking of > up > > towards the front of the truck? I also can't remember how the last guy who > > had trouble with this valve determined if it was broken? > > > > ~KJ~ > > Now that would be me my good man, AFAIK I was the last one on the ng to go > though the proportioning valve hell. The proportioning valve is likely > located just beside your master cylinder, and will be aluminum with a little > yellow electrical connector on the top of it. That little bastard connector > is what tells the brake light to come on. > > To verify it's the prop valve sensor and not the emergency brake sensor > out-of-whack, make sure the brake light is on, and pull the yellow > connector. If the light stays on, it's the emergency brake sensor.

Light went out...

Lemme guess, you aggressively bled the rears with the ass end of the vehicle > jacked up right? That's what killed my last one. My symptoms were ZERO > front brakes, brake light would illuminate when I smashed the pedal and then > remain on until I turned the truck off. > > HTH, > > Doc

No, truck stops alright. I think the rears aren't working.... any suggestions?

~TLGM

Reply to
Lonely G-Monkey