Re: Dash Brake Light

You picked a good time to ask! Your park brake pedal switch is probably out of adjustment - showing the e-brake on by one click.

What does it mean when your dash *brake* light stays on for 3 or 4 years and > the brakes work fine? > >
Reply to
George

"George" had writtennews:z7Nid.13530$233.735@okepread05:

Could be the ABS. Disconnect the battery and reconnect it to clear the code.

Reply to
Barney

ABS problems illuminate the ABS idiot light, general hydraulic issues and/or parking brake illuminate the brake idiot light.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Well, Don, you changed your post! Your OP didn't mention the flashes. First, tell the group about your truck. Year, model, engine, tranny, and if its 4X4. Then, which light is flashing? Is it a red "brake" indicator? Or, is it a yellow "ABS" indicator? There's a few pretty good mechanics in this group that will give you the right answer if you ask the right question.

Reply to
George

"\"Doc\"" had writtennews: snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com:

I have a 1990 GMC 1 ton commercial. I thought my brake light switch stayed on from the emergency brake. I got on a site and asked where the switch was. My a/m post is what I learned. If the ABS still works, I don't know because this truck is the only one that has it. Apparantly the "brake" light works for any brake related problem aand the ebrake. It only takes a second to disconnect the battery and if that dosen't work then go from there.

Reply to
Barney