Programming Remote Entry

I picked up on E-BAY an extra Remote for the Keyless Entry on my 2000 Camry LE V6. Can anyone tell me the trick for programmimg it? I got the instructions for my '98 Camry and did the programming for its remote fine for that car, but the 2000 is different.

Thanks,

Dick

Reply to
Dick Byrd

Courtesy of Google -- hope this helps.

---------------- From: Jack ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) Subject: Re: I need programing remote instructions Newsgroups: alt.autos.toyota.camry Date: 2002-12-03 13:54:05 PST

Brad,

A nice fellow at doityourself.com gave me the following instructions for programming keyless transmitters designed to work with my 2000 Camry. Since I had a tough time finding someone to give me these and they worked for my 2000, I thought I'd pass them along:

All doors unlocked, drivers door open

Insert key and remove(do not turn)

Lock and unlock doors with button on drivers door 5 times(1 sec intervals)

Close drivers door, Open drivers door

Lock and unlock doors with button on drivers door 5 times

Take key insert and turn to On position then to lock Twice, remove key

Locks should cycle lock to unlock by themselves if you completed the sequence properly and it is equipped with keyless entry

In the next 10 secs or so complete the next step : Take the remote and hold lock and unlock buttons at the same time for about a sec and then press either lock or unlock for a sec. If the locks cycle the programming was a success.

Reply to
Travis Jordan