Remote Start question/2004 trailblazer

Hi All, Just puchased a 2004 Trailblazer. I'm looking to put a remote start in it for those cold & snowy mornings here on the East coast. My question is: The dealer can do it for $389 or I can have my after-market guy put one in for $250. I'm just a little leary of having my after market guy do it (who is very good and I've used him before) and then possibly having some type of electrical problem which makes me wonder if that part of my warranty would be void. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with this? Thanks in advance... Tony

Reply to
harmoncove

One thing you should check is who your dealer contracts with. Many do not do this or stereo installation themselves, but contract it out. Find out if this is the case, and enquire as to the rep of their contractor.

Reply to
Commentator

I got news for you the dealers send them out to the aftermarket places. As for the warranty nothing on the original wiring is effected except for a small splice into you brake pedal switch. If something goes go wrong you can be sure you'll get the run around between the dealer and the installer but that's true even for computers, ("thats a software problem/ or you need to talk to the computer manufacturer") Not sure where you live, but if you have Tweeter stores in your area, I would go to them. They deal with all high end stuff and in my experience have done a great job. I got my wifes car 200 sable and my 2002 chevy Silverado done there and they both work great. And the price was much lower then you say. Approx. $175 each. I have friends that opted for the run of the mill audio stores and have gotton nothing but trouble. Either the thing doesnt work or it messes up their theft alarm. Hope this helps!

Reply to
Randd01