RIP?

Just would like to thank those offering advice here. Has been useful to me. Ran into a whitetail deer @ 50mph on Wed night. Damage is estimated at

2444. Insurance company is considering fix or totalling vehicle. 94 Blazer S-10 in good condition per estimator.
Reply to
Jonny

Well, look at it this way... it was 12+ years old and insurance companies generally give at least $1,000 over the estimated value, so maybe you can find another truck, better.

Reply to
ChristyLynn

That might be kinda hard since that is the last year of that body style. what's left out here is how much damage and what? Are we just talking sheet metal damage?

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

No fender or hood or frame damage. Bumper, grille, wind screen beneath bumper, all lights up front except one headlight, all stuff that holds all the lights, radiator, and condensor.

Reply to
Jonny

Probably go with another used truck, if they don't want to fix the Blazer. Better? Probably not. Most used vehicles need at least 1K worth of fixes that I've seen, unless pristine and well cared for.

Reply to
Jonny

Amen to that, bought my 89 pickup last year....1500 dollars later she runs like a top.(bigger truck more expensive parts) The way I look at it is you're always better off with the truck you know about than one that you're really just taking a guess....

Reply to
89GMC