S10 ac problem

Can anyone tell in what positions the ac compressor is supposed to run? When I came home yesterday I noticed water dripping on the ground. While checking I found the compressor runs in all positions but two...the dash outlets only and the floor only. Is this normal? I'd appreciate any help.

Reply to
John Lynch

Can anyone tell in what positions the ac compressor is supposed to run? When I came home yesterday I noticed water dripping on the ground. While checking I found the compressor runs in all positions but two...the dash outlets only and the floor only. Is this normal? I'd appreciate any help.

Reply to
John Lynch

Can anyone tell in what positions the ac compressor is supposed to run? When I came home yesterday I noticed water dripping on the ground. While checking I found the compressor runs in all positions but two...the dash outlets only and the floor only. Is this normal? I'd appreciate any help.

Reply to
John Lynch

That sounds correct. I think two settings are for vent only. Your owners manual has all of this information in it.

Water dripping is normal. It's condensation from the temp change.

Reply to
Todd Copeland

Thanks Todd, I looked in the owners manual but it wasn't clear to me.

Reply to
John Lynch

What year is this? My 2000 has the following positions:

Off - No HVAC selected MAX A/C - AKA Recirc A/C - A/C from dash vents only Bi-lev A/C - A/C from dash and floor vents Vent - Outside air Heat - Heat from floor vents only Heat/Defrost - Heat from floor vents and defrost mode for windshield Defrost - Defrost only

This is how they're labeled in a clockwise direction starting from the left.

Water dripping on the ground near the passenger side front tire would be normal when the A/C is used. That's humidity from the air condensing to water on the evaporator, dripping into the pan and draining out the drain tube.

I work >Thanks Todd, I looked in the owners manual but it wasn't clear to me. >

Reply to
Mike Levy

Thanks Mike, I think I've got it now. It's a 2001 by the way.

Reply to
John Lynch

the a/c will run in defrost mode to dry the air and clear the windsheild

Reply to
digitalmaster

That is normal. your first 3 seting on your a/c controls(max a/c, A/C, and dash and floor together) should turn on the compressor. the dash only and Floor only options will just let in outside air in and should not run the compressor.

Rich

Reply to
RICH PARISH