'03 Jetta GLI AC problem:

Well, the car went almost an entire year without any major problems, and I was just about to post a progress report when this started up:

My AC is intermittent. It blows cold for a few minutes, and then reverts back to lukewarm air. Sometimes it won't blow cold at all. The "AC" button stays illuminated in both the on and off positions. Using the recirculated air option has no effect except to make the warm air move faster. My fear is that when I take it to the dealer, it will once again become operable, and the dealer will give the car back to me without fixing it, as they did with my wiper motor.

Also, the radiator fan seems to stay on for an extended amount of time after I turn off the ignition. I know it usually does this, but I came out of the hous after about fifteen minutes, and it was still running.

Anyone have experience with these problems?

Reply to
lazar, z

If you have the AUTO climate control, it may be a problem with the temperature programmer.

recirculated

Reply to
Black Bomb

Nope, it's a manual climate control. Seems as though the compressor may have crapped out, as I can't hear it kicking on when the AC switch is activated. Perfect. Supposed to be in the high 80's this weekend. Looks like I'll be checking fuses tomorrow.

Reply to
lazar, z