Service Engine Light

My 95 S-10 5-speed 4cyl. engine has a reoccurring problem. In the mornings I can drive about 2 miles to work in 5th gear when at that point, my Service Engine light comes on. When I come to my intersection and stop, and shift to neutral to go to first the light goes off . This process happens like clock work every morning when I leave for work and also when I return home after work.

Tried to hook my $35.00 hand held dyno to computer, but no codes can be read when SE light goes off after coming to stop and shifting into neutral. Any one had any similar problems with there 95 S-10?

CJ

Reply to
CJ/KG

Well 95 was the bastard year with chevy trucks. Most are OB2 connectors, but some retained the OB1 computer as mine does. You will need a diagnostic computer that will let you see real time stats, at which time you can freeze that data when the SE light comes on. Most service centers will charge $60.00 and up to do that for ya.

Reply to
Wrench-head