Bowtie emblem

The bowtie emblem on the front of my 01 Silverado 2500HD is badly discolored under the plastic. Is this a common problem? Does anyone know if the mfg will replace it (free) or not.

Rebel48

Rebel48

Hi!

You should be able to buy another separately, but it wouldn't hurt to ask if you could obtain a replacement if your vehicle is under warranty...and if it really bugs you that much. ;-)

My dad was able to get one for his '94 after he hit a deer and broke it off. I don't recall the price, but I wouldn't think it could be that expensive. If it is, there is always the scrapyard...

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Probably is that expensive. While a tye-rod end is important and not and eyesore, we all know that little things like that will bug someone to no end and will pay to have the neussance removed.

Man. Just saw a FERD the other day. Somehow the front passenger's front corner was lower than the right, wile the driver's side rear was higher than usual (by looks) and the passenger's rear corner was lower then them all. This was with a low (on air) tire front passenger side and a normal looking passenger rear..... This truck had hit everything but the lottery by the looks of it. This was with all the heavy-looking stuff (it was a work truck) loaded on the driver's side of the bed....

Other useless truck updates:

Pulled a '95 2x4 dakota free. In a flat, gravel drive way with about

2" of snow.... Was just slipping while trying to back up....

Boss broadsided a tree in his expedition, impact point was just infront of the passenger door.... ouch...

No one was hurt in any of these incidents.

~TLGM

Reply to
Lonely G-Monkey