Service engine soon light - S10

I've got a 1991 4.3L S10. Recently I had a breakdown & after getting it fixed I've been plagued by 1) poor pickup 2) Check engine light comes on. There doesn't seem to be a pattern only that the light comes on soon after starting & remains on for 2-3 mins. Happened twice this week.

Car has been in shop 3 times now & each time it comes out it's running nicely (for a week or so). Any Ideas?

Thanks, Ian.

Reply to
Crawfie

What service items have you had done?

For a Chevy of that age, it could be anything.

Fuel filter, spark plugs/wires, the crappy electrical system...

Reply to
Xavier

What code are they getting from the Computer?

Reply to
Fred Mehlos