Setting radio in 1997 GMC

I can set the time, and stations and everything works fine until I turn the truck off. Then I lose everything. Is there something I am supposed to do to "Save" the settings? Thanks

Reply to
Chief McGee

Connect the correct wires to the proper places. One wire connects to the ignition so the radio only runs when the key is turned on and another wire connects to a "always hot" wire so the radio is always getting power. Sounds like your lacking the "always hot" connection.

Reply to
Todd Copeland

Red wire goes to ignition, orange goes to battery, black to ground.

Reply to
René