soft tonneau

i am looking to put a soft tonneau cover on my 04 SB siverado. the two that i am most interested in are: the access roll up ($380) and the extang RT ($285). i would greatly appreciate it if someone PLEASE give some advise on which to chose.

thank you

Reply to
crk133

My ather is looking at the Access roll-up for his yet-to-be-delivered Ram. I got an Extang FullTilt for my 2000 S-10, it's a nice unit. Took the 2 of us about 45 mins to install it, with me doing all the work and him saying "no that's wrong", even if I was right.

One of the things that sold me on this cover was the fact that the tarp an tilting frame can come off as a unit. Say it's the dead of winter and you're going to Lowes or Home Depot and you know you'll be carrying something taller than the bed. Rather than roll up the tonneau, all you do is tilt the cover up, disconnect the gas struts and the frame and tonneau can lift off as a unit, no need to struggle with stretching the tarp in the middle of winter. Yes, the tarp can roll up to the front of the bed as well, it has the straps to hold it rolled up, the bows then just come out. Price is just under $300 I think, I paid less because I got a discount from the place I got it.

Reply to
Mike Levy