tailgate handle and latch

Over the weekend I replaces a hinge on my 88 k1500 tailgate.

Then I tried to fix the handle. The latches do not engage when the handle is released. In fact I tried to use a screwdriver and could only get one side to lock at a time. Is it spring loaded? It seemed like the two side were frozen together at the handle. I have not tried to remove it yet. I am going to assum the torque bolts will either strip or break.

Are the handles expensive?

Reply to
Connor

order a LMC truck catalog... but try spraying PB B'laster at the pivot points to try and loosen up your old ones.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase