Time for a new battery.

My S-10 is ready for a new battery I think. Didn't drive it for a week and now all I hear is the starter motor clicking when trying to start it. Dont want to try and stretch its life any longer with the winter approaching.

Any recommendations or brands to stay away from?

Reply to
Vuestra Merced

Take it to a place that can test batteries. Or charge it and leave it for a week disconnected. It could be something draining the battery like a small light or something. How old is it? If its 4-5 years old I'd just replace it.

Reply to
JD

I think it is nearing its end of life. Close to 6 years.

Reply to
Vuestra Merced

Reply to
Kevin

Reply to
Frank S.

What kind of battery is in it now? Six years is about double the average life of a car battery according to statistics I have read. I would be looking for an exact replacement.

Randy

Reply to
R. O'Brian

AC/Delco 75-5YR .

Reply to
Vuestra Merced

Thanks all for responses. Got it replaced yesterday.

Reply to
Vuestra Merced