Tires Steering ... Etc < Revisited >

1st off. The Michelins are wonderful. All this time I thought it was juist a vibrating truck. It looks like all its handling and ride issues where due to the Continetal tires that came on the truck. The truck has never at any time before rode as good as it does now. On the smoothest stretches of road you would feel a little vibration, and you could look in the mirror and see the bed bumping up and down. When I look in the mirror now I keep thinking there is another truck way to close.

The difference is really night and day and its all in the tires.

I stopped off today (1st chance I had) to ask the service manager about the damge to the truck from the tire that came apart. He said, "No problem. Just bring it back in."

Dang, I was all set to have to argue and had all my refferences in order. In fact I was really not looking forward to it. Instead it was as easy as could be.

Now, I'm gonna have to look at Chevy again and see which trucks will fill the niche when I decide to trade in my next one as it approaches my personal mileage mark. This service department seems to have come a long way since I first dealt with them.

Actually I am considering going with all 3/4 ton service vans for the future. They cost a little more, but they are pretty nice to work out of.

Anyway, I guess I just had to give them a chance.

Reply to
Bob La Londe