Mondeo mk2 Clutch

Bit of a long winded one so i'll do my best...

got a 98 blacktop 2ltr petrol mondeo-s-plate

had the clutch replaced as she was getting towards the end of her time, anyway had the lot changed-concentric slave included.

drove fine for a while now just when your on the biting point and increase the revs i get a squeel from insode the box

taken it back and the garage does say its from inside the box,there trying to say flywheel but they had that off to replace the crank shaft oil seal so if it was worn you would of thought they would of said something.

Taken it to ford they say friction plate is at fault and nothing wrong with the flywheel as theres no slip or judder nothing

the garage where it was done have rang the technical department of QH and they say the friction plate is Glazed so where will it go now,

Should they replace the clutch again and pay for labour under warrenty?

No noises of any kind before clutch changed,its done 4000miles and was done in october lasy tear.

Any advice?

Many Thanks

Reply to
simon

Most definitely.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

it is a friction plate fault, I bet it wasn't a genuine ford clutch kit

Reply to
mrcheerful

In message , mrcheerful . writes

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No shit! :P

Reply to
Paul Giverin

QH make fitted.

Many Thanks

Reply to
simon

Sorry I missed the QH bit in your original post. !

The squeak is caused by the cushion mechanism in the middle of the pressure plate, it is less common for genuine parts to fail at lower mileages, but a squeak on take-up is a common feature of higher mileage cars, particularly fiestas.

I would return it and ask for it to be replaced, preferably with a genuine ford clutch.

QH clutches have a 'no quibble' guarantee, but of course the labour isn't covered.

Economy parts are never a good idea, particularly when the genuine parts are much the same cost and it is such a pain to change them again

Mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful