TransSurgeon / Gary Please help, 2000's Chevy Suburban/GMC Yukon XL

Hi Gary,

We are in the market soon for a tow vehicle for a 4500 lb boat, (1000 lb trailer, plus gear, total of 6000-7000 lbs.)

I'm considering the full size Suburban/Yukon XL in years 2000 and above.

What engine tranny transfer case options should I be looking for or avoiding, and why?

Thanks Donny

1974 Trojan Sea Raider 25'

Donny

you need something with a 4L80E in it

Reply to
TransSurgeon

Donny, This means you want the 3/4 ton Suburban or Yukon XL to get the 4L80E. The 1/2 tons have the 4L60E. JR

Reply to
JR

K, thanks guys.

Donny

Reply to
Donny

Reply to
sidewinder

"installed the after market cooler but other than fluid changes every 15k"

BINGO !!!!

you did it right

and since you did, the 60E lasted

Reply to