Turn off Headlights at night?

I was driving through the Christmas lights last night, everyone could turn out their lights except me...I have the electric eye on the dash. Is there a way to over ride that and drive without your head lights?

2000 Silverado, ext. cab, 5.3 Liter.
Reply to
Jape

I think you press the cargo light button 4 times rather quickly. I did it last year, and I think I found it in the owners manual.

Reply to
Bill

On my Chevy products that have had that option I have two choices. 1. One click clockwise and I have just parking lights with no headlamps 2. Turn counter clockwise (spring-loaded) and it returns to the off position with the lights off. This is on my chevys from 2002 to currently 2006 model years.

JAW

Reply to
JAW

Push the dome override on and off 4 times and you will hear a ding

Reply to
Eugene

Thanks guys, that worked like a charm.

Reply to