New Belts for Delco Tape Deck

I've got an old Delco tape deck in my truck, and I think it needs the belts replaced. Anyone have any experience with this? Where's a good place to buy new belts? Any tips once I get the deck out of the dash?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Reply to
86GMC

Hi!

Try the sci.electronics.repair FAQ, it has information in it about putting new belts in tape decks, VCRs and other stuff. There's also information present on where you can order belts and how to measure them.

or my mirror at
get you there... If the original deck is working well, it shouldn't be too hard to repair once you get inside. If it has other problems that new belts and a cleaning of the tape heads won't fix, it might be time to think about a new radio.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh