Update+FS: Wheels Anyone?

Y'all,

Yanked the wheels off the truck and threw the spacers in the trash where they belong. I might take them out of the garbage and shoot at em' with the ol' 12 gauge tomorrow evening if I'm feeling saucy. Goddamn things were working their way loose every 15 miles or so.

Anyone interested in some wheels, center caps and lugs with a grand total of

50 miles on them? They are FLAWLESS.

Cragar 441 series, 16x8, 4" backspacing, zero offset, 5 x 4.75. Got the center caps as pictured and (20) 12mm x 1.5 chrome acorn lugs.

I'd rather not have to drive out to Jegs to return em' (a few hours away), so if anyone is interested drop me a line at gmc(underscore)man(at)adelphia(dot)net. I'm in East-Central Ohio.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Jeff

If it was my truck, HELL YEAH. But, it's my wife's and they gotta be purdy.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Eyeahhhhh! Doc:

What do you say, were you drinkin some shroom juice with ol'e Marshy?

LOL!

Refinish King

Refinish_King1

Hi!

More people here trying to take their eyes out than I know. :-) That doesn't sound like much fun if you're talking about the wheels. I'd recommend a large electric hammer mill. (There's one here in town that some friends of my mom own and it is the neatest thing. It has a 10 horse Allis Chalmers electric (!) motor on it and you'd better look out when it gets to pounding!) I don't think there's a whole lot it wouldn't flatten.

William The Guesser

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Hey Doc:

Use a .357 or .44 and shoot through the spacer lug holes.

That's if you can?

LOL!

Refinish King

Refinish King

When I was younger my hobby was competition shooting, he he he, shouldn't have any problems. Rapidfire pistol and LR rifle (300m, 500m, 700m and the dreaded 1km) were my favorites. 1km shoots are wild, where you squeeze the trigger and then have to wait a few seconds to see the poof of dirt in the scope!

I've regressed from prescision shooting since then, so now I just blast everything with a 12 gauge.

Doc

"Doc"

Hello Doc & Refinish King,

Ahhh, my kind of talk. That's my favorite, too: 12 ga. sabot slugs through a rifled Hastings barrel for 100 yd targets, and 000 or 00 for anything closer (from precision to concussion shooting, eh?). Was never a good shot at rapid-fire LR .22 rifles but double-triple-tapping with pistols, any caliber, was always fun -- my preference was the .45.

Regards, Franko

Franko

I didn't mean .22 LR, I meant long range (LR). My bad, should have specified what LR meant! My caliber of choice for that kind of distance was either .308 (scoped M-14 and/or scoped H&K 91), or .30-06 (custom bolt-action gun).

The rapid fire pistol was double-tap, two shots per target as you made your way through the course, and while 9mm or .40 S&W were easier to control in rapidfire (most guys shot those calibers), my fave was always my good ol' .45 as well! A nice compensator can get the muzzle jump of a .45 down to that of a 9mm.

I have since moved mostly to pistols and shotguns, because there aren't any places around here to shoot rifles at the distances I like, and pistol ranges are a dime a dozen.

Gettin' to be "blast snowmen with 00 buck" time of year here in Ohio! I like to make em' out back with my wife, hose em' down so they ice over, then blast em' with the 00 and watch them explode. The simpler things in life make me happy, he he he.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Hello Doc,

Sorry, I should've seen LR meant long range once you started talking 1000 meter distances. I'm nowhere even close to that kind of consistent shooting ...

Longest single shot I made was offhand on the back of a diesel pickup (had brother switch off engine of course :-)), .306 semi-auto Remington, 3-9 variable scope on max magnification, no wind, almost dusk, and I plugged a six foot 'roo right in the ticker from about 450 yards (we drove up and noted the odometer readings). That was more luck than anything else, but sure was sore from the back slapping I got.

Shortest single shot I didn't make was walking through the woods deer season, almost dawn, flashlight strapped to end of Remington pump shotgun with iron-sights deer barrel, loaded with deer slugs (law in NY State), and an 18 to 22 lb. wild turkey flew right in front about 10 yards away, perched on a pine branch about 15 feet high, silhouetted. Missed it by a friggin' mile. Sure was sore from the ribbing I got.

Snowmen targets sounds like fun. Ever tried an old water heater? Yep, love them simple booms in life..

Regards, Franko

Reply to
Franko

I was a pistol shooter:

Once I could hit a quarter from 150 feet, now. I'll be lucky if I could hit the broad side of an Abyssinian on a good day!

LOL!

Refinish King

Refinish_King1

I could never get it right with a .45!

In fact, I was lucky to hit a 55 gallon drum at 50 feet.

Like trying to train a welfare recipient to work!

LOL!

Refinish King

Refinish_King1

I used to handle it:

But with my vision now, I'm lucky I can still see wiring diagrams and match color.

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish_King1

I was wondering about that..... target shooting at 1000M w/ a .22LR would take a truly special shot (and about a 6" tall sight).

-Bret

My caliber of choice for that kind of distance was

Reply to
Bret Chase

I don't think a .22lr could go that far unless you were 1000m in the air and shot straight down.

GMC Greml>

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

HAHAHAHA!!! ROFL...

Reply to
Franko

I dunno if a .22 would even make it that far to be honest with ya. At that range a 2mph crosswind would put the bullet in the next zipcode!

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Yes, I believe a .22 LR will go that distance, but like you said, in which ever direction the wind blows...

Reply to
Franko