Update on Brake problem

Don't hold pin out, rather prevent pin from popping out whilst bleeding Gm manuals have a tool number but snap on or Mack may be able to supply fixture and is recommended if power bleeding your system. Rolf

Reply to
nozel

Allright! Now we're talkin'.....................

No, there aren't any bleed screws on the valve that I remember seeing. I'll take a closer look when I get home from work; maybe they're located in the back somewhere out of sight. If there aren't bleeders on the valve, it's gunna be impossible to rig up a hose! Maybe I can just crack the lines at the valve and use a shop rag to catch all the fluid.

Number 4 is kinda fuzzy too. Do I need to loosen the bolt on the prop valve before I give the pin a tug or can I just pull her right out with the bolt nice and snug? I don't have the tool described and have NO idea where to find one...........

Hey, what about nozel's advice? Seems to contradict yours...................

Thanks so much,

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Yes, I get lots of fluid from all four corners when bleeding with key off. Haven't tried with key on though.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Ok Rolf, that's the exact opposite of what others have told me (hold pin IN not OUT). So what shall I do.................I think I'm gunna try both............

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

I'm reading this thread with great interest. I have to replace the flex lines at the front of my 90 Sierra1/2ton. And possibly calipers depending on the bleeder screws. I'm not going to dive into it yet till I see how this one goes, heh. B

Reply to
Battleax

Reply to
Scott M

Hey, you all want to bet on how many gallons of brake fluid Doc has gone threw so far? I bet 1 and a 1/2 :)

Reply to
Scott M

Doc wondering if you checked the wheel cylinder seals? Pull the rubber dust boot off and see if there is any fluid. If the dust boots are wet the cylinder seal is leaking and you wont get full pedal.

Reply to
Wrench head