What automatic is in a new 2500?

What automatic is in a new 2500 w/ 6.0 engine. This is not an HD. Are they any good? I want a 5 speed but the dealer is hell bent on selling me an automatic off the lot. Another question, I've found a 2500HD, 6.0 5 speed with the Z85 trailering suspension and the G6W GVW rating 9200 lbs.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Hi!

4L80E ???

I'd find a dealer that will sell you the truck you want, instead of the truck she or he thinks you want.

I don't know if having something like this makes a difference. I have something similar on my S-10 and I've pulled a trailer with 3 riding lawn mowers on it...I don't know how a regular S-10 handles, but mine did an excellent job. Obviously this isn't a big truck, but if you pull a lot of trailers it might make sense to have the option on yours.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

I went to Kelly Blue Book:

From what they have it doesn't seem that either Chev. or GMC offer a

2500 that is not HD after 10-10-03. That doesn't seem quite right.

Also you can go to the Chevrolet or GMC site and use the build a vehicle option.

Obvious that you are referring to 5 speed manual.

5 speed automatic requires a big engine.

Depends on what you are going to use it for. I just got a 2500HD with the Duramax and Allison because I use it to pull a heavy RV trailer. The Duramax was a luxury item. A 8.1L would do as well but much lower gas mileage. Diesels last longer too but require quite a bit of expensive maintenance.

That Allison, as someone told me, is so smart it's spooky. Automatic speed control going down hills.

Reply to
Dick

It's a 4L80E, plenty of transmission there.....it'll last.

Reply to
Hoover87

only if you put a big cooler on it

Reply to