Custom Wheels?

does anyone know who makes the wheels that look like they are spinning even when you stop? or does anyone know what I am talking about? I saw them on a new Escalade a few weeks ago and they looked Sweet. they had to be 20-22 inch wheels. anyway we pulled up to a stop light and there must have been an insert or something cuz the truck was stopped but the something in the wheels was not. any clues to what I seen. I wasn't drinking either. LOL Thanks ! Bob :)

Reply to
~Perkins Racing~

==================== Yep, there are wheels like this. I even saw some hub caps at K-mart with the spinners.

Reply to
Scott M

Cute. You obviously haven't seen the ones I am talking about! I know what spinners and knock-offs are I had a set of 15x12 Dayton wires $ 4500.00 a set which had Knock-offs which is a tower that bolts to your hub the the wheel goes on the tower then the Knock-off.I also had a set of 15-8 McClean Wires $1200.00 a set which is a bolt on wheel that has a cap in which the spinner is bolted on .Niether of these wheels can be bought at K-Mart Thanks anyway Bob BTW-We ran Knock-off wheels on all of our Sprint Cars

Reply to
~Perkins Racing~

for those of you who haven't seen them and just curious! They are pretty wicked ! Have a Great One ! Bob

Reply to
~Perkins Racing~

Reply to
George

I apologize if I took that response wrong ! But it came off to me as a smartass remark. I do know what I am talking about ! I am talking about high test wheels,not $5 add on's. and again I apologize if I took it wrong. Sincerely, Bob

Reply to
~Perkins Racing~

No they're not. They are a perfect way to crap up a perfectly good vehicle really quickly.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

========================== Yep, thats what Im talking about. You stop and part of the wheel keeps spinning. Isnt that what you are talking about? I see them all the time on the road. Very strange watching someones wheels keep going when they are at a stop light.....:)

Reply to
Scott M

I think these wheel are the stupidest thing since sliced bread, but they do look very cool when accelerating from a stop. The spinner is spinning slowly or stopped and the car is moving it's trippy man

Reply to
Brian Jones

Hey Scott, Just wanted to let you know that I apologize for misunderstanding you! The K-mart thing just threw me off ! Have a Great One ! Bob :)

Reply to
~Perkins Racing~

Surprised it isn't illegal because it causes virtigo or something and causes yuppie liberal's heads to explode.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

Actually I like sliced bread.

Reply to
JR

no problem.....I go to K-mart too much I guess :)

Reply to
Scott M

I wish we had a K-Mart around here.......................just Wally World....................

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

They draw a lot of attention to you but they are CRAP! I've Installed these on a few peoples car and now won't do it ever again! The problem is the Spinning part. It's Aluminum piece, pretty heavy, and there's a small bearing in the middle though which a plate behind it is attached to. This Plate is then bolted to the top of special Lug nuts that are holding the wheel on the car. Now everything is fine at first, but after putting so many miles on your Car/Truck, that little bearing starts to go out. The spinners start to wobble a bit, then they start making noises, if it gets really bad they can scratch up your wheels, and I've heard reports of them flying OFF at a high rate of speed which isn't a good thing. I've had to replace like 4 on them on 1 Escalade alone. It's come back twice. They use a Sealed none lubable bearing. I'm guessing some type of light weight grease in them so they spin nice and free. To top it all off, it cost a whole lot of money for a set. It's not worth it.

If you got money to throw away then go for it.

Reply to
JBDragon

Whats wrong with chrome rims & 5 spoke mags in 14 or 15 in? Or white & chrome wagon wheels on a pick-up? Screw that other crap

Reply to
LARRY929

You might want to rethink that Doc. We have lots of K-Marts here. Since they started closing stores all they have for sale is what the upper management says they can have. Most of the crap is from stores that couldn't sell it b4 they closed. I drive a round trip of over 50 miles to shop a Wally World. K-Mart is 3 miles down the road.

Reply to
JR

"~Perkins Racing~"

--------

They are neat... for now anyway...

looking back 10 years from now, just like those old bell bottom jeans, you'll ask yourself; What was I thinking?

Come to think of it... I suspect wagon wheel rims 20 inch and higher will look silly too... if not already.

But I think some of the wheel patterns will stand the test of time. CAD & CNC are really making some great cuts.

HDS

Reply to
HDS

What I would say really stand the test of time are HAND welded spoke rims - by oxy acetylene. When I saw my first pair I was just astounded!

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

Does the word COON in reference to thesr wheels ring a bell?

Reply to
LARRY929