What kind of truck is this?

Our organization was just given this truck. www.aeronca.com/45gTruck1.jpg www.aeronca.com/45gTruck2.jpg
The registrations says "78 Chevrolet Stake" but that does not help me.
What kind of Chevy truck is this? Something I can google with. I need enough information to purchase parts and service manuals. I want to buy a Chilton, Mitchell or Haynes book on this, but I don't know what to call it.
Our group plans to repair it and use it for grounds-keeping and snow plowing.
Thank you, in advance. /Todd
google your vin, it will tell you more about it.

need
1978 C50 or 60. Probably the HD 350 engine with the HD 4speed.
-
Looks like a medium duty... 40, 50, 60, or 70... As opposed to a light duty C10, C20, or C30.
Skip the Haynes and Chilton manuals... Get a real service manual (below)
Sales Brochure: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1978-Chevrolet-Medium-Duty-Truck-Sales-Brochure-78_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34216QQitemZ8018230372QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V
Owner's Manual: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1978-CHEVROLET-MEDIUM-HEAVY-DUTY-TRUCK-OWNERS-MANUAL_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34216QQitemZ8026647488QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V
Service Manual: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY-MEDIUM-HEAVY-DUTY-TRUCK-SERVICE-MANUAL-1978_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34216QQitemZ8022859371QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V
Does that help?
~jp
Yes.... that is what I was looking for. Thank you. The Google search on the VIN number did not work. /Todd
Email me directly if you find out it has a tall block 427 please!

Todd,
Google will not tell you anything about the VIN....but ANY General Motors dealer will be able to. It would be best to go to a Chevy dealer, but GM or any other will do.
HTH,
Autumn