What kind of truck is this?

Our organization was just given this truck.

The registrations says "78 Chevrolet Stake" but that does not help me.

What kind of Chevy truck is this? Something I can google with. I need enough information to purchase parts and service manuals. I want to buy a Chilton, Mitchell or Haynes book on this, but I don't know what to call it.

Our group plans to repair it and use it for grounds-keeping and snow plowing.

Thank you, in advance. /Todd

Reply to
Todd

google your vin, it will tell you more about it.

Reply to
mudmonkey

1978 C50 or 60. Probably the HD 350 engine with the HD 4speed.
Reply to
Steve W.

Looks like a medium duty... 40, 50, 60, or 70... As opposed to a light duty C10, C20, or C30.

Skip the Haynes and Chilton manuals... Get a real service manual (below)

Sales Brochure:

Owner's Manual:
Service Manual:
Does that help?

~jp

Reply to
Jon R. Pickens

Yes.... that is what I was looking for. Thank you. The Google search on the VIN number did not work. /Todd

Reply to
Todd

Email me directly if you find out it has a tall block 427 please!

Reply to
Shades

Todd,

Google will not tell you anything about the VIN....but ANY General Motors dealer will be able to. It would be best to go to a Chevy dealer, but GM or any other will do.

HTH,

Autumn

Reply to
Autumn