What Years Were TBI?

I'm trying to find a manual for my truck, anybody know what years TBI was used on the 7.4L?

Thanks, Roger

Reply to
Roger Hill

Should mention the last year for TBI was 95.

Reply to
PeptoP

Reply to
PeptoP

I guess I should look again, cuz I think my '96 has it too. Mike

Reply to
Michael Copeland

does your engine have a big black plastic cover on it that says Vortec?

Reply to
Bret Chase

Heh, that simplifies it.

Reply to
PeptoP

Reply to
Michael Copeland

the vortec system is kind of an odd duck, IIRC (I don't fool much with the vortec trucks that my employer has) the 8 injectors are all near the throttle body with tubes connecting them to poppet valves in the intake. GM calls the Vortec engines a "Central Port Injection" system.

HTH, Bret

conventional

Reply to
Bret Chase

Whats the diff in CPI and SEFI?

Reply to
PeptoP

Anyone know a good website to explain the various Chevy injection systems? Mike

Reply to
Mike Copeland