Whats the name of that part???

vacuum actuator

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Hey I have a 92 s-10 blazer. 4x4. I think I need the part that lives under the battery that actuates the front diffential. the truck wont engage in 4 hi or low. Whats the name of the part Thanks Steve

Reply to
seeray28

Thermal linear actuator in that year I believe about 80 bucks at checker auto parts

Reply to
Jeff

Thanks guys

Reply to
seeray28

S trucks don't use the thermolinear actuator... they use a vacuum actuator.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

'thermal linear actuator' mounts on the axle

Reply to
TranSurgeon

My bad thought they were all changed to TLA

Reply to
Jeff

Change the Vaccum Switch on the Transfer Case First.. It is more in likey your Problem.. Ps The hoses running to this switch are close to the exhaust and They Break Check for Vaccum leaks at this switch !!

seeray28 wrote:

Reply to
Santa

if the hoses are toast, re-route them

go up the left frame rail to the brake booster, then across the back of the engine

takes about a half-hour and 25 ft of vac hose

Reply to
TranSurgeon