Windshield wiper motor on 2500

Has anyone had problem with the windshield wiper motor (or where the linkage attaches) making noise when the wipers are running? I just noticed mine starting it today, it sounds as though the linkage is coming loose from the motor. It makes a noise every time the wipers switch directions, a lot more than usual. Has this been a problem with these? I only have about 36,000 miles on my 2004 2500HD. I wouldn't think I should have this kind of a problem already. Any ideas before I tear the cowl area apart?

Thanks, Doug

Reply to
Doug Adams

Greetings,

I also have a 2004 Silverado and have nearly 70,000 miles on it but have never had a single problem with my wipers. And I live in Central Florida (the land of liquid sunshine) so my wipers do get their fair share of use.

I would suggest changing the blades with entirely new sets (not just the rubber) and see if that helps any. It could be something simple like worn or loose pivot points on the blades and the rubber thumping as it flips over when the wipers change direction.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan