wiring diagram?

Are there any on-line sources for a 1995 Chevy G20 van wiring diagram?

I seem to be developing several intermittent in the dash - wipers quitting, lights-on warning beeper "soft", spedo doesn't read 'till I thump the dash....., and would like to chase it down.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Grover

I don't know of any online resources, but from what you say it sounds very much like a bad ground in the cluster. There usually is a printed circuit behind the dash that all of the instruments and warning lights make contact with and sometime when you find that you have to...

"spedo doesn't read 'till I thump the dash....., "

...then the ground is only making intermittent contact.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race

Thanks for the reply...

Bad ground is my theory too, but confusing..... I know about the flex pc board, but most of the instruments work all the time....including the lights. Multiple grounds - separate - for the beeper, the wiper and the temp gauge? I guess I've just got to go digging....

Reply to
Grover

There usually is one master ground for the board while there also is several individual ones for certain objects like buzzers and beepers and such, and some of the problems I've seen over the years are from the ones that only had a simple clip used to make contact instead of a soldered joint. The clips always looked good visually but a drop of solder seemed to fix the problem every time. The problem is - of course - finding it!

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race

Bad primary ground circuit. The vans use one ground wire to ground the dash to the body. Ground circuit G201 Look at the fuse panel under the dash. On the right side you will find the main ground buss connection (right above the flasher can) The grounds for the radio, dash panel, cigarette lighter, power door locks, all connect here. This is bolted to the dash with the lower bolt for the fuse panel. On the other side of the firewall it should have a ground strap going to the engine.

Have the factory service books in front of me if you need anything else. csr684 at yahoo dot com for a faster response and to get a better address.

Steve W.

Reply to
Steve W.