Latest threads in Chevrolet Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Reading Codes on a 1999 Suburban
Is OBDII the type of connector on a 1999 Suburban? Also, where do I go to find out what the code means? My check engine light is on, but the truck is running good, I suspect maybe a leaking dougnut...
11
11

Replacing door handle on Suburban
The front passenger door handle on my 1999 Suburban is broken and needs to be replaced. Can a replacement handle be rekeyed to my current key?
1
1

1998 astro vacum hose for blend door
I need some insight into the location of the small plastic tubing that operates the blend door for HVAC. Mine seems to have broke loose from original location,not sure where it terminates,so the a/c...
1
1

Replacement tranny for '85 S-10?
I have a 1985 Chevy S-10 with a V-6 engine. It's time to replace the manual transmission. The previous owner said he put a 1994 transmission in it but I have no further details. What should I look for...

chevy van transmission clunks
1985 chevy van with th 350 really clunks when it shifts. Whenever I back out of the driveway it will shift through all of the gears smoothly. Next time I stop and go through the gears again in really...

How to find a place to park.
How to find a place to park. Supposedly true, this is the way I understood the story. While on her deathbed the much loved Sister Mary Francis asked the people around her that if it were possible,...

it's rebuilt???
Ok, just found a tag on my 454 saying that it was remanufactured for general motors....of course I wasn't told this when I bought the truck, only noticed it when I was wiping down what I could get to...
1
1

1999 Suburban radio lights
I just picked up a '99 'burb and the buttons on the radio aren't lit up. Is there a way to replace the lights in that radio?? Thanks, Brian
3
3

305 SPARK KNOCK DRIVING ME CRAZY !
"I have a 1988 CHEVY G van it had a 350 in it the oil pump shaft broke ...For better gas milage I installed a rebuilt 305... Wow was that a lot of work ...It was identical to the 350 and bolted right...
3
3

700-R4...Wiring or no? Help identify a wiring piece.
Hey all... I have wrapped up the rewiring of the truck, with one exception: There's a small harness coming from the firewall through a gromett next to the main fuse-block on the driver's side. It's...
20
20

1999 S-10 4cy cruise control problem
This one is a bit weird. I bought this unit new, and strictly for personal light duty use. First off, I've worked on cars/trucks for decades. So I 'used' to know a bit about engines. But this one has...
1
1

Weird timing issue...
Ok, so I'm trying to tune my engine to idle better, and I'm seeing something very strange with the timing. Basically, while looking down on the harmonic balancer, while using a timing light, I see...
47
47

F.S. RUST FREE 80's BLAZER,PICKUP PARTS, in NH, ME (Military) UP
I am interested in front and rear m1009 bumpers for my 87 k5 you have any with the d-ring tow hooks still on them? and will you ship to Brick, NJ 08724?

no electrical to anything
i have a 1997 chevy van . battery has full charge and i have checked fuses, all that i could find and still have no power to anything. all help would help me. thanks
3
3

IT'S ALIVE!
Wow... I must say, I never thought the sound of an engine starting would cause me so much happiness. Today, finally, after many months and several failed attempts, The Beast awoke. The nearly...
1
1