1999 Suburban radio lights

I just picked up a '99 'burb and the buttons on the radio aren't lit up. Is there a way to replace the lights in that radio??

Thanks, Brian

Reply to
MASTER Brian

one more thing I noticed is that the "remote" CD player doesn't seem to be working. Either that or I can't figure it out, but it doesn't seem to load a disc. Is there a fuse that controls this seperate from the radio or anything else to look out for?

Reply to
MASTER Brian

Brian, Had the same issue when I bought my 96. Took the radio out and there are a dozen or so small light bulbs in there. Have a friend that's into small model trains. He replaced all the bulbs for me and it works great. As for the cd player. Mine is on a hot "standby" line. There is a switch inside that is supposed to trip when the cd is installed. If it is as dirty as mine was. A good cleaning with alcohol brought mine back to life. Just a couple of ideas to start you out anyways! Dave

Reply to
Daveman

Was it hard to get to the bulbs? A friend of mine said he pulled one apart and couldn't find the bulbs. He said the very front was similar to a "removable faceplate". He wasn't sure about opening it up. Is that where I need to go into? Also, do you know what it takes to replace the bulbs? Are they easy to buy and how do they go in, with solder or something else??

How'd you clean the switch? Is it something the cd player needs to be pulled out to do? Maybe that is all that is wrong. Mine won't feed the disk or anything!

Thanks for the ideas...

Reply to
MASTER Brian