Latest threads in Chevrolet Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

87 TBI stall problem
I have a 1987 G-20 Van with a 5.7 TBI engine. Recently, it's began to stall when you make a right hand turn. It seems to do this more when the engine is warm, but that's not true all the time. The one...
3
3

Way OT: Kia 3.5L
Yeah, yeah, hold your giggles. It's a damn Kia, but it was $6000 less than a domestic model with the same options plus the 10yr./100,000 mile warranty. The wife has a '02 Sedona minivan with a DOHC...
7
7

RE: '01 Silverado Shifting Problem
Guitar Boogie & William- Fluid change and filter seems to have corrected the shifting problem...other than the few metal particles and fluid showing a bit burnt, all checked out ok. The trans. is a...

Re: Steering/Running Rich
I installed a rebuilt gear box and pitman arm yesterday, steering problem is fixed. Thanks Scott. I still have the runnung rich problem though. It only smokes black at after its been sitting for a few...
7
7

366 cu inch big block ?
Do you know if a 366 big block GM engine is internally balanced? I would like to put an automatic transmission behind one. Thank you

ABS?
I just had the front discs replaced on my '97 S10 4.3 truck and now the ABS lite goes on and off daily...what gives..does that mean they didn't bleed all the air out of the lines to cause this maybe?
1
1

Re: Intermittent A/C?
temperature Sounds like your serpentine belt may be slipping. Check to see if the tensioner is working properly and the belt to see if it's glazed. That would explain the intermittent operation. Dave...
2
2

Re: Longest running program 'The Car Show' is being taken off the air!!!
Anti car PC fascists!
1
1

Re: Question From A Beginner For An Expert
I used PB Blaster to free up the fan motor in one of those generic 7800 BTU units last week, the kind with the two-piece plastic case with vertical ribs (this one was badged 'GE') rear bushing in...
6
6

Re: R 134 not too cold?
Hi! Bob, you'd better be thinking that over again. Take a look a a freezer with forced air circulation. They do freeze up eventually, but certainly not immediately or even after a few hours of...
9
9

96 GMC Safari
I've got a 96 GMC Safari AWD Van. It was leaking coolant from the intake manifold gasket to the top of the engine (no water in oil). I had to move the van around the driveway a few times til I had...
3
3

1996 S-10 Rear View Mirror Problem
I have a 1996 S-10 LS (with the lamps on the rear view mirror, I'm not sure they all have them), and the rear view mirror fell off. I have gotten a repair kit (glue) for it, but the instructions say...
4
4

Differental parts list
I am going to have the parts shipped down to replace the differential and axle bearings and axle seals, plus the diff gasket. Is there any other parts I may need. I am not replacing the gears. Thanks...

Re: 03 Silverado hacking
The mirror feature would be nice at least on the passenger side. Tilting down to show you you're not about to run over anything. I don't do a complete walkaround my vehicle every time I get in it. As...
22
22

drilling out jets
Can anybody tell what size drill bits I would need as a kit for opening up Carburetor jets. I am guessing they are numbered bits, so from what size to what size would I need to do there a kit you can...
7
7