04 Pacifica 3.5 engine knock

I have a Pacifica with a 3.5 with 48K that has a severe engine knock when started. The only time it does this is when it has sat for more than 3 days.
Does anyone know if this engine has a oil check valve anywhere in the engine, or maybe in the oil filter?
Thanks is advance-
Sam
SamIam wrote:

The 3.5 seems to do this. It also seems to not hurt it a bit. There is a check valve in the oil filter, and on many engines using a high-quality oil filter (Wix, Purolator, basically anything but Fram) with a good check valve design will make a big difference in start-up noises. It doesn't make any difference on our 3.5, so I think its actually the hydraulic lash adjusters that bleed down and not a bearing knock. Ours has been doing it for 246,000 miles, so it can't be terribly harmful.

when
days.
If the noise only last for a few seconds (cold) and the vehicle was built prior to March 31 2003 it may be due to faulty rocker arm swivels. Your dealer would be able to verify this. But like the other reply states, if you have an aftermarket filter with a bad check valve in it, it may be causing the engine oil to drain back into the pan causing a lack of oil within the engine
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech