1989 new yorker wont re-start when hot

i have an 89 new yorker that runs fine when cold but when its hot it will not restart unless you let it sit and cool off. Is this a fuel problem??eg.. fuel pump,filter or pressure regulator?? Anyone with any suggestions?? Greatly appreciated.

Reply to
papabear2097

Probably electrical -- there are plenty of components that can stop working when hot. Distributor trigger, SMEC, ASD relay, etc. Have you checked for spark?

DS NBCS B6F+etc

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

yeah i do have a spark-it cranks strong-seems to be fuel related

Reply to
papabear2097

Just a thought, but I have seen a bad vented gas cap cause this on my mothers New Yorker years ago. (Believe it was an 85). Start fine the first time bit then if you drove for a bit and turned it off would not restart for about 15 minutes. Replaced the cap at suggestion of a local mechanic and it fixed the problem.

Reply to
PC Medic