1996 GRAND VOYAGER-WHAT A PAIN

Seems as if the jinx is never gonan end till i dump this puppy into the river))gauge shows engine is overheating after driving only a mile but coolant is only lukewarm. let engine sit for 5 mins and then gauge stays on C (cold) and does not move. After an hour or so, I on my way home and the thing shows H(overheating 0again. seems as if it is just the gauge to me . if it is, is it hard to replace??

Reply to
pete patel

Can't help your prob, but I concur with our assessment....

My 96 probs:

- a/c expansion valve

- a/c evaporator, compressor, dryer

- rear window motors

- power door lock (rear doors)

- power steering hose/tube

- belt tensioner (failed, then so did the water pump!!!)

- daytime running lights, intermittent

- WIPERS- ghost, and NOT TURNING OFF!!!

- .....

I sold it this year.

Reply to
PT_Sean2

Also sounds very much like an air lock in the coolant system - and/or coolant not circulating properly. You could be reading very hot air, where the coolant in not circulating due to air lock, or reading very hot coolant, because it is not being moved through the rad properly. Are you able to determine the coolant in the block is actually only luke warm, or are you determining this by feeling the rad hose, which may or may not be getting properly circulated coolant.

Reply to
Mike Martin