2.5 voyager stalls after 30 mins drive and temp goes up

I have 2.5 liter voyager with the following problem:

-After half an hour or longer the engine stalls, it suddenly goes back from 100 km/h to 70 km/h. Acceleration from zero only possible at very high rpm. ( 4500+ ). Check gages light comes on and coolant temp shows vertical (high). Temp does not stay high.. it goes back to normal quickly even under these conditions.

Changed:

- sparkplugs

- ignition wires

- fuelfilter

- used additive for ignition cleaning in fuel.

A local garage told me electronic units are the common problem ( wet climate). Is this logical or do we need to look for MAP sensors ( what is it? ) or other minor parts.

Thx for any advise.

Guido The netherlands Europe

Reply to
Guido