1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Oxygen Sensor

I am attempting to replace my pre-cat oxygen sensor on my 1997 Ram, however, I cannot seem to get to it. Has anyone found an easier way to get to the sensor. Also, for a while my check engine light was reporting too rich/too lean for my post-cat sensor, and I never replaced it. Eventually, the light went off, and stayed off. Recently, my engine began to hesitate when I accelerated, and the check engine light came back on. This time the check engine light read that the pre-cat sensor was responding too slow. Could this be related to my engine problems, aka the sensor failing and reacting, thus altering my injecting stream?

Reply to
Benjamin Taylor