1997 Plymouth Van CD Player Error

When I try to play a CD, it goes nowhere and Err appear on the LCD. I have a premium sound system. It looks like there's a black plastic frame around the radio, tape and CD player that might be pulled off. Any suggestions on how to repair the faulty player?

Reply to
W. eWatson

Blowing some air into it solved the problem.

Reply to
W. eWatson

I've worked on thousands of these radios over the years and have never run into a defective cd laser assembly on a Mitsubishi-built Chrysler cd / cassette unit. Only found four bad lasers on one model of the Alpine-built cd-only radios. Compare that to a 100 percent failure rate on 1990s GM cd players.

By blowing air into your player, (not sure what made you think of that), you blew some dust off the laser assembly. I've solved most cd "Err" problems by cleaning the lasers with a Q-tip, but I don't recommend do-it-yourselfers doing that due to the potential of doing damage. Happy you got yours going, but if problems continue, try running a cleaning disc through it.

caradiodoc

Reply to
caradiodoc